Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 1

Good Evening. It is the evening of the first day in our journey through a pescetarian diet. My name is Albert, and I am pleasantly surprised with how well this new diet integrates within my lifestyle. I am very much so a carnivorous person, and at first thought of the idea of changing my eating habits, responded with much reluctance. But upon taking this course, the implications of my dietary habits have been brought to my attention, and I have challenged myself to make a change. My will to complete this goal is only limited by the fact my meals come from a meal plan. Let me walk you through a food log for today.



This morning began around 9:00 a.m. with a homemade egg and cheese sandwich on an English muffin. Egg is one product I am thankful to keep due to its high protein and calorie source.. For lunch I had a salad with ceaser dressing, carrots, cheese, and cucumbers on top. To compliment one healthy meal, I garnished it with a rather helping portion of fried onion rings. It was not until dinner that the intense desire to cheat rushed through me. The dinner menu called for lasagna with ground beef. However, the vegetarian lasagna substitute composed of noodles, various vegetables, and cheese was on my menu. As well, there were several slices of garlic bread and cooked squash and zucchini on the side.



It is pleasing to have completed this first day. One concern of Alberta's and mine was that this diet would not sufficiently sustain our active lifestyles. Fortunately this was not the case and all exercise was as normal. Tomorrow is another day and another opportunity to make a difference. Here's looking forward to then.

No comments:

Post a Comment