Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 3

Good evening, this is Albert reporting on the third day of the new diet. Once again the meal plan has me surrounded with meat (not fish unfortunately), but the resistance is still strong. That's not to say that these three meatless days haven't had me wonder about the feeling a recovering addict might experience facing withdrawals. But to all those who choose to live by a vegetarian lifestyle and watch others around them eat their hunk of steak, I applaud you. I'm left wondering, will my desire to eat meat just eventually disappear eventually after a long abstinence from it? Surely those vegetarians previously mentioned do not look at his or her neighbor's plate in jealousy. Perhaps like any cycle, parterns can be changed, and new ones formed. That being said, let me walk you through today's courses.

This particular day did not start until noon. Lunch was a combination of ceaser salad with crutons paired with a side of french fries. It actually did well in holding me over until dinner, which was at 5:30. For dinner I had steamed broccoli, bread rolls, and a Boco burger. Before today I had never ate a veggie burger, nor did I know what it was made of. A boco burger is made chiefly from soy protein and wheat gluten. It is amazing to see the many uses of soy products. On a final note I'd like to address the comment on Alberta's post concerning an iron deficiency. One way to offset this problem would be to be like Popeye and eat more spinache. Look at this site. www.vrg.org/nutrition/iron.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment