Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 2

Alberta here!

Let me start by introducing myself as well! My name is Alberta, like I said I am a college student at UF and will be graduating in about a month (scary how time flies)! The class we are doing this project for is a writing class. I am not the biggest fan of writing and put off taking my last writing requirement until my last semester! When picking a class, "Writing about nature" stuck out to me and I decided on a whim to sign up for it. I am SO glad I did! I have gained so much from this class so far. We have looked at many environmentally geared problems, one of which is the food industry.

If you haven't seen the movie Food, Inc yet... GO SEE IT! It will shock you and open your eyes to some of the negative aspects of our food industry. I am an avid meat eater and this movie really made me stop and think about what I was purchasing and putting into my body.

Anyways enough of that. It would be true to say I am doing this diet because I want to challenge myself personally and see what it is like to live this lifestyle. I honestly in the past haven't had the best views of people that were vegetarians. I wasn't rude to them or anything, but I definitely frowned upon this diet. So for me, after 22 years of meat eating bliss, I decided it was time for me to "Put up, or shut up" so to speak and try this diet for myself. I am a very active individual. I have always played sports and always eaten healthy. I am still active and workout everyday. I want to see if this diet can still allow me to workout rigorously while not eating meat.

So for the past two days I have eaten pretty much the same thing.

Breakfast: eggs (I LOVE eggs)
Snack: Luna Bar
Lunch: Tuna sandwich with carrots and pickles
Dinner: Veggie pasta (yellow squash, mushrooms), with a spinach salad (with tomato and cucumber)
Snack: Apple and organic peanut butter

I have to say I felt full all day. I worked out around 11am and then played soccer for 2 hours at 4. I felt good but was starving by the time I ate dinner!

please feel free to leave comments or meal ideas! I'd love feedback!!!

1 comment:

  1. Alberta,

    I love reading your post! However, aren't you a little worried that by not eating any red meat and working out as much as you do that you will get low iron? Just a thought. Keep up the great work and I can't wait to read your next post!

    ReplyDelete